Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, July 20, 2012

Shooting at the Aurora 16 theater showing of the Dark Knight Rises

I have had a lot of calls and texts this morning asking if my family is all right. We are fine. Neither myself or my two boys were at that movie theater last night. In short a gunman kicked in an exit door into one of the theaters and proceed to rake the crowd with rifle fire. Twelve are dead as of this morning and another 50 injured.

Oddly enough none of us were even at last night's show. The boys couldn't get tickets because they wanted to see it on an Imax screen. So all of us were safely in bed.

Its a horrific incident and I'm saddened that it happened here. But it could have happened anywhere. The fires are mostly out at this point so please if you have plans to visit Colorado don't change them. We need your tourist money!


2 comments:

  1. This is the first I've heard of this incident Kris. Too much of this in the news.


    It's good to hear that the wildfires have stopped and that your state is now ready for summer holiday time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone in my family has called or texted me to make sure we were all right this morning. Except my sister, she is in Seattle and is a little behind, so I send her a text already.

      Delete