Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Danes TYW/ECW - A Real Paint Session (1)

I'm finally getting some paint on these guys. This bunch will be a unit of Danish Arquebusiers so I will try and not make them look to uniform, I'll leave that to the Cuirassier units. I didn't really get that much done last night but at least some progress is being made. I basically painted most of the metal bits black and painted the manes and tails of the horses. Definitely have a ways to go, the horses all need hooves, socks, blazes, noses and eyes painted, plus a few highlights.





4 comments:

  1. They're coming along nicely Kris. There's a nobility about the pieces that I find moving. Did you say who the sculptor is. You may have in another post and I may have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure who the actual sculptor is, the website lists Nick Collier and Alan Marsh as the designers. I think that Nick Collier did most of the sculpting. I love the look of this period I call it a show off period, everything begs to be painted to a high level and some of the clothing and uniforms are really wild. I waffled on doing this period in 15mm but I think the 25/28mm miniatures just gives you a lot more to work with paint wise. I need to get some stuff ordered to fill out the odd missing pieces in my army though.

      Delete
  2. Looking good, I've gotta try the oil wipe method, the horses look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty happy with how the horses came out with this method, maybe a couple of highlights is all they will really need. I'm not sure how well this will work on 15s though. I do have a bunch of ACW Union Cavalry that needs to be worked up, maybe I'll give it a shot on them.

      Delete