Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Anne's Challenge

I have spent some time over the last few months providing a little (very little actually) guidance to my friend Anne O'Leary (Anne's Attic)  as she took up the brush and entered our fascinating (and addictive) world of painting miniatures.With five or six miniatures under her belt (and nicely done I might add) she has set her sights pretty darn high challenged Ray Rousell (Don't Throw a One) to a painting challenge.

The gauntlet has been thrown and the miniature has been selected, a mouse wizard from Dark Sword (I'm still confused over how in the world anyone would vote for a mouse wizard over a topless chick). Since Anne issued the challenge Ray gets to pick the rules. Fortunately Ray has mainly painted cutesy little 15mm miniatures not manly 28mm miniatures so Anne may have a leg up on him.

This should be very entertaining and I suggest that everyone take a look at what's going on over in the Attic:

The Challenge Your Going Down!
What have I done?! A Mouse in the House

6 comments:

  1. I don't understand the mouse myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is just no accounting for taste sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Thank your Kris, I'm laughing at my computer screen right now!! And you gave me a great deal of help as I learned to paint and I can't think of a better person to teach me.

    Poor Ray he now has to leave the comfortable world of 15mm behind and paint a true figure. The mouse will probably seem like giant to him and it will certainly scare the piss out of his 15mm regiments!! "Run, it's a giant mouse!!" they'll scream like little girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy bringing a good laugh to the party. I'm convinced Ray is going to be in way over his head! Just think of all the detail he is going to have to paint that doesn't even exist on 15mm!

      Delete
  3. I must admit I'm not looking forward to painting this bleeding thing! 15mm is the best all the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much detail to paint Ray! It will be good for you, should build lots of character!

      Delete