Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, November 2, 2012

Run out the Guns - Kickstarter update

Run out the Guns is a kickstarter project (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1002529637/run-out-the-guns-0) I supported to help Laser Dream Works get a spin caster to cast their own cannon to go along with their laser cut ships. I went in for the "Sloop Slaughter" level so at some point I'll be receiving the USS Wasp and the HMS Frolic so I can start off my own version of the War of 1812.

I'm pretty excited at this point, the update for today indicated that the initial mold process was a success! Now he just needs to spin up and clean enough castings to become master castings and from there create the production molds. Hopefully I'll have a couple of ships here by the end of the year! Of course I have no crews for these ships so I guess I'll have to start looking for them sometime next year, although they did say something about crews in the video so maybe that will be the next step for Laser Dream Works.


6 comments:

  1. I must admit the models look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the looks and I have always wanted a couple of ship for pirate games. I'm kind of wishing I had gone for the smaller Brigs rather than the Sloops though. I just didn't really realize how big these things were. I should have watched the video first!

      Delete
  2. I just popped over there and the work is great on those. I did pretty well on the kickstarters I got in on. Have all my product and it's all well sculpted. Enjoy yours when it arrives in the post Kris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely looking forward to actually getting something from a kickstarter at this point. So far everything is running late (except for Reaper). At least Laser Dream Works has been doing regular updates so I know what his progress is. For instance while he has been waiting for the spin caster they have been quite busy cutting and packing ship kits. When the cannons are done they just have to be packed into the boxes and off they go!

      Delete
  3. They do look rather nice models! Roughly how long will they be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the USS Wasp is almost 36" from bowsprit to stern. I'm sure two of these is all I will ever need. Of course I have at least 3 others that I want to pickup sometime.

      Delete