Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Care Package from Multi-Man Publishing

I haven't bought a new board wargame since I acquired a copy of Ogre from Steve Jackson Games. Part of my Christmas Present to myself was to complete my collection of Great Campaigns of the American Civil War. This first six volumes (games) in this series were published by Avalon Hill, the last three have been published by Multi-Man Publishing under license. When the first game in the series, Stonewall Jackson's Way, was released back in '92 it really set a new standard for maps. I would buy these games just for the maps. The original six were all set to the same scale so you could overlap them and put together almost the entire eastern theater. I will have to pull out my copy of Grant Takes Command and see if the maps still link up, I'm sure they do.

Boardgames have become incredibly expensive! These games ran $83 each, I think the originals only cost between $20 and $30, the only consolation is that I don't have to paint any miniatures to play them. Volume VIII is Battle Above the Clouds and covers both the Chickamauga and Chattanooga campaigns. I haven't opened the boxes yet or I'll become very distracted, maybe on the weekend.

Volume IX is a little different. It is both a revision of the original Stonewall Jackson's Way as well as covering the entire 1st Bull Run campaign. Its been a long time since I have sat down to play a wargame and I'm looking forward to pulling the whole collection out and playing them again.



Just what I was hoping for a box of air bags. They are a lot better than foam peanuts though!

An invoice, I had managed to forget how much these cost me








No comments:

Post a Comment