Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Saturday, January 2, 2016

First Care Package of 2016 - Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette

I know you are all waiting for the next installment of the Hardware store, but time has been limited. Instead I received something that I have been very excited about since it was first announced, the complete collection of the Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette on DVD, including Slim Gauge News and Finelines. I first started buying NGSG in 1984 or so and have mostly kept up with it, which means I have a lot of issues laying around (some the worse for the wear). So now I have a complete searchable index along with every issue stored directly on my laptop. The discs are safely stashed away in case something happens to the laptop. The biggest advantage I see is finally being able to print off plans on single sheets of paper without dealing with weirdness in the copy because of the magazine binding.

I printed off a copy of the Victor Gold Mining CO gondola from the March 1972 Issue of Slim Gauge News! Definitely worth the money! A nice Christmas present for myself.

Here are some really bad pictures:

Now that's a package worth getting excited about!

The cover, 1964-2014, not quite as old as me but close.

That's a lot of stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment