Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Last Voices of WWI - A Generation Lost

This is a 6-episode documentary  that, at its core, set out to capture the stories of the British survivors of World War I. I had some time to finally crack my copy open, intending to watch an episode each evening this week. I ended up watching the entire documentary in a single sitting. I haven't been this broken up about anything in a long time. The interviews of about 100 people, most of them veterans are intertwined with news-reel footage and reconstructions.

This is not just some dry documentary, the voices of these survivors of the Great War are moving and emotional and treated with the respect they so rightly deserve. Even if you have no interest in this period I highly recommend this documentary to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Sound good, I'll look out for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is one Anne was talking about at one point and a deal for it came through my email at about the same time. You should be able to find one for a good price. If you were a tad bit closer I would loan you my copy!

      Delete