|Here you can see how the glue reacted and obscured the detail|
|Acetone and a sharp tool to recover the detail|
|Buffed with steel wool to remove the scratches. I then used some white brush primer on this one and let it dry|
After I fixed this mini I started on the skin. At this point I don't have to be neat. Mid tone can be applied without fear of getting skintone on clothing. I'm thinking they are a bit pinker than I would like at this point. I then did a first broad highlight, and that helped reduce the pink. Then I decide I wanted a more bronzed skin look so I applied a wash of burnt sienna over the whole miniature with an emphasis on the shadowed areas. So a good start to the skin. At least another evening's work but that may not happen till next week. I started the skin tones because I was working on the skin for one of the minis on the diorama. I figured I would just go ahead and work on skin this evening.
|First skin tone applied, this is essentially my mid tone.|
|First highlight applied|
|Then a darker wash of a burnt sienna. By applying the highlight first I "modulated" the skintones. After this I'll go in and start working the skin tones up again and probably deepen the shadows.|