Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, June 27, 2016

ReaperCon 2016 Horror Themed Diorama

Okay, its time to start getting to work on my primary entry for ReaperCon this year. The convention was moved to October this year, primarily because of lack of space in the Denton area and the demands on the limited amount of space that there is. The new venue is going to be quite the challenge as its basically 30,000 square feet of empty space with pillars in it. I'm sure the crew at Reaper will be able to pull it off though.

The theme for this year is horror and I have had a number of ideas spinning through my head but I think I have settled on one involving these miniatures:

I'd like to get this miniature into an elevated position to indicate that the artificial gravity is shot.

I"m probably going to switch out some of these tentacles into something a bit more menacing.

The minions! Definitely need a blue and yellow color scheme for these guys.

The current plan will utilize a cut away look into a pulp style rocket ship complete with a space background and lights. We will see how far I actually get with that. I have a good idea of a minimum amount of work to pull it off and what the maximum effort would be. Time will till, October is coming fast!

8 comments:

  1. Ambitious! Looking forward to seeing how you pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I need to get working on mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one more diorama that I'm contemplating, one vehicle and a single to work on as well.

      Delete
    2. Currently I have two in mind. Once has to be done completely (mousling), and the other is almost done, and could go in single or diorama.

      Delete
    3. Going for the Mousling prize eh? Good Luck!

      Delete
  3. I came up with idea last year after the auction when Nate and won all the mouslings. Just need to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are all in that boat. This diorama was one I was going to do for last year's competition.

      Delete