Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, March 30, 2018

What Are These? - Figure ID

A friend at work gave these to me the other day. She has no idea where they came from. I'm guessing the armored warriors are pawns from a chess set. I'm not sure about the knights. They are definitely 15mm but I don't recognize the company or the sculptor. There are no marks on the bottom of the "pawns" the bottom of the bases for the knights have been filed down. They are all made of metal but they are not lead or pewter they are much harder than that. One of the knight's lances was bent and I had to exert force to get it back into position. If anyone out there has a clue about them let me know!




6 comments:

  1. The standing figures look like tourist pieces they used to sell in London years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, I'll see what I can dig up with that tidbit of information.

      Delete
  2. Generic knights that you get in National Trust site gift shops, I had a set when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I guess I need to look harder for things in gift shops!

      Delete
  3. Yep what the others have said ornamental tourist gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be able to find a manufacturer that way.

      Delete