Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, January 25, 2019

Clue - Supernatural Edition

I was quite surprised to see this one sitting on a retailer's shelf so I had to pick it up. I paid full retail on this one but since its going for at least double that on eBay I felt it was a decent buy. I also spotted copies of Clue - Zelda and Clue - The Walking Dead in the same store, I'll be going back at some point to acquire those.

This is one of those editions that's price is driven by the incredible popularity of the TV show. I watched the first couple of seasons and I have been surprised at the longevity of the show. It was only a matter of time before it ended up as a Clue game.

I have decided to name the variants of the game, just to make it easier. Supernatural is what I will now refer to as Clue Game Variant 1.

Variant 1 adds a second deck of cards, typically called the Intrigue deck. You acquire an Intrigue Card either rolling a question mark on one of the dice, or by landing on a question mark on the board, or being moved to another location as part of a "rumor". Each card allows some kind of action to be taken by the player. Also in the deck are 8 cards, for Supernatural they are Demon Cards (In Star Wars I believe they are Stormtroopers, I will have to check), they are simply put to the one side, but keep track of them! When the 8th card is drawn the game ends. It adds an interesting little time element to the game.

In addition, each character in the game has a power that they can use once in the game.

Let's take a look at Clue Supernatural:




Instead of nice tokens, this version comes with cardboard pieces and plastic bases for them

The weapons, however, are very cool,




The Intrigue Cards

Character Cards, I would recommend shuffling them and dealing each player a character.


The card backs. I'm not sure about the cards on the right. There are two of them and both sides are printed with the wood planks.


A look at the collection





No comments:

Post a Comment