Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Sledgehammer Project; Pt XXVII - The Sledgehammer BFG final details

I final find a few spare moments from working on the house and the yard to get the final details and assembly of the Sledghammer done. This has taken forever and the convention is now definitely looming over me.


Here you can see the nut and bolt castings added to the side of the platform. I was going to drill out the holes for these and do it properly but in the end I cut them flush and just superglued them in place. You can also see the other control rod being fitted into position.

I figured that gluing the wheel to the control rod would be a weak joint so I decided to pin it. Will looking for a paperclip and figuring it would be to big anyway I came across a stapler. Perfect! Staples are just the right size for small pinning jobs. 


And the finished control rod and wheel. Need one for each side.

I cut this side, of course, a little to short so the fit is tighter than I wanted it to be, but it still looks pretty good.

The longer cut for the other side. I'm still trying to decide about the aiming apparatus. With the weird dichotomy between technology something electronic is definitely in order and would contrast so well with the rest of the Sledgehammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment