Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, May 21, 2020

World War II Project - Return to Normandy - Terrace House Progress

I haven't been able to find a lot of painting time right now. Between work and "life intervenes" moments about all I can fit in is during the day. Working on the Terrace house lets me work for 15 minutes and get called away for something else and not need to shut down and clean brushes and the like.

Progress at this point is kind of all over the place but mostly I have been working on the "backyards". Oddly enough there is no backdoor and the more I think about the more I think I might have made a mistake by making the small out building from "wood" rather than the stone. Oh well, I doubt that to many people will complain about it.

All the pieces wrapped and ready to go, if only it had been as easy as that sounds.



First thing to remember. The width of paper can really make things difficult, especially this bumpy paper. Every place were the garden walls came into contact with the building required me to cut away the paper from the building and around the tabs to make things fit. As it is I did quite a bit of "forcing' in the end. There is not a lot of glue holding things together in the back.




No comments:

Post a Comment