Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, February 14, 2022

NASA Memorabilia

The other house is under contract and that anchor is almost gone. What I have learned during this exercise is that I do like to collect things (I am a gamer after all). I need something that does not take up quite so much room but will engage me intellectually as well. We were at my mother's this weekend and I was, once again, admiring the NASA mission patches collection that my uncle had acquired.

Now its not a huge collection, but all of this must have had some significance to my uncle, he worked at Cape Canaveral his entire career beginning when it was just the Air Force Missile Test Center to it becoming NASA. He was an electrical engineer and worked on every major program; Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Skylab and the Space Shuttle.

Here is my uncle's framed collection. Not huge but fun to look at and realize how much history is stuffed into this small space: Gemini, Apollo, Apollo/COI03 and Skylab

I have a few more interesting pieces as well mostly posters, but some other bits and pieces  including two more frames mostly with with postal memorabilia.  Stuff that would be fun to collect and add to and wouldn't take up a lot more than just wall space.














Here are a few other frames of memorabilia that is part of the collection: 




No comments:

Post a Comment