Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Christmas Productions- Puzzle Progress

I think I have made pretty good progress to this point on cutting out the puzzles on the scroll saw. Overall I'm pretty pleased with them. I still have some difficulty with cutting the "whimsies" but that's really to be expected at this stage of the game. Like anything else it takes practice to get really good at this kind of thing.

Here are some pictures to of the current progress

This is the first one I finished. Its a picture of Roxborough Park looking to the north. There are only a couple of whimsies in there. One is an awful rendition of caboose and the other is three mountain peaks. I'm leaning towards this one as being my signature piece that would appear in every puzzle I cut.

This should be a fun one lots going on with colors and patterns. More cat whimsies in this one.
You can see the cut lines better here. I use the frames to keep the puzzles together while I cut them.



This is, kind of, the final step. We found some wooden boxes at Michaels we just need to give them a bit of finish work. Puzzles will go into a ziplock bag and then in to the box, the picture will be glued to the top of the box and we will put a label on the inside of the lid with all the pertinent details.

Here is the next puzzle up. This shows the "templates" I make for the whimsies. I trace the design on to the white tape and then cut them out as I get to them.

I don't cut in the traditional grid pattern you would find in a stock puzzle. Its more random and tricky than that. Its what you would find in most wood puzzles whether they are cut by hand or laser.


No comments:

Post a Comment