Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

A Brick Building from the Ground Up - Part 6

At this point I need to mount this on some kind of base. The original is now to small as it was defined for a shallow relief structure. I cut some 3mm Sintra (Foamed PVC) and laid out the building location along with the sidewalk and curb.

Of course nothing goes perfectly the first time and I had forgotten how easy it is to make impressions in the Sintra. Just drawing on it will create a depression and being ham-fisted I put a bit to much weight on my mechanical pencil.

I scored each of the correct lines with a knife then I when back a blunt sculpting tool. I'm hoping that the paint will fill in offending mistakes since they aren't terribly deep.



Starting the layout. Plenty of missteps at this point as far as proportions. All of which left light score lines...oops

Once I was happy with the proportions I scored it with a knife then ran this blunt sculpting tool to widen and deepen the grooves.

Here is the front of the building on the base. I think it looks pretty good.

I still need to cut out the curb for truck loading. Shouldn't take to much work.


No comments:

Post a Comment