Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

State of the Blog for 2016

2016 was a pretty good year for me in general, and far, far better than 2015. However, it definitely lacked getting anything finished as far as gaming is concerned.

On the positive side of the ledger both houses received a lot of attention. The renovations are moving along in the rental pretty well considering the lack of time I have to work there. The large front bedroom upstairs was finished, the upstairs hallway bathroom was finished and I made great progress on the floor in the hallway itself. Feeling very good about all that.

On the home front the acre of land in the back was sold off, the side garden was demolished to make room for the driveway that now belongs to that property and a new privacy fence went up which opens up a whole new area for the dogs. The new patio is in although there is yard work to be done. Definitely a good year on the housing front.

The hobbies definitely suffered. While a number of projects were started, I think I only finished two miniatures during the course of the whole year. The list of unfinished projects that I need to get back to is quite lengthy now.

Off the top of my head I have this list:
15mm WWII Tank Destroyer Unit for FOW

15mm Modern M1 Abrams tanks for Team Yankee

Calamity's Hardware Store (plus Calamity in general)

WWII 28mm British Paras for the Kampfgruppe Von Luck Campaign for Chain of Command

WWII 28mm German Wehrmacht for the Kampfgruppe Von Luck Campaign

WWII 28mm American Paras (not for anything specific)

WWII 28mm convesion of a Warlord Marder I into an 15cm sFH 13/1(Sf) auf Geschutzwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f) - sdKfz 135/1

Three plastic Eagle kits from the Space 1999 TV Series

Chester the Carousel Rooster (I was going to work on him in the garage but that is not looking like a good option at this point, its just not warm enough out there so he is going to have to come into the house).


One of the things I really regret not getting to was an entry for Reaper Con. Afterwards I was kicking myself as I could have brought one of the FT-17s that I finished in 2015 and at least had an entry in one category.

From a blog standpoint my posts were way down this year. I shoot for 12 posts a month or 144 a year. I managed a bit over half of that. For some odd reason though my page views were way up, my best year ever. I give a bit of credit to that with my series of posts on Old West rule sets. That seems to have been very well received by the community. I have intend to go back and update that as I have acquired another set of Old West rules and one of the listed sets has a new edition. I did cross the 800 mark on posts which makes that magical number of 1000 at least seem attainable although probably not in 2017. On the page view front I crossed the 400,000 mark with

I think I will take a stab at the backlog of projects before I start anything new, that will be my new years resolution, we will see how long it lasts!


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! A very busy year! Take a look at what you fancy and push the rest to one side i'm sure when you get back into the flow of things It will all get done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to finish at least one of them! Chester for sure since that's for my Mom.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a busy year!

    Also, is it not the 5th anniversary of the blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently to busy to really finish anything. You are right this is the fifth anniversary. That completely escaped me.

      Delete