Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, March 25, 2019

Sledgehammer Project; Build, Pt XXIII - Sledgehammer Build

I managed to slip in a little more work on the Sledgehammer itself. Basically just finishing off the platforms for the side of the gun.

Where I left off. The new platforms are finished and I just need to cut the supports from the original platforms to go underneath. Tricky the placement of the supports needs to be reasonably precise so that they fit in the existing holes on the gun carriage.

Should be straight forward. Using one of my 1# steel blocks to line it all up I can use a straight edge to draw the lines across.

My steel square came in handy for this part.

Back to the block to make sure they are lined up correctly.

And a successful finish. They mounted up quite nicely with only a few minor adjustments.

These platforms sit a little higher and a bit further out from the gun carriage now to make room for the extra gizmos that will be added on.

No comments:

Post a Comment