Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Citizens of Calamity - Knuckleduster Iconic Faction

I have been messing around with the town of Calamity again. Revising old thoughts and such, nothing worth writing about at this point. I have decided I need to do some painting though and I pulled out the Iconic Faction from Knuckleduster's Gunfighters Ball Kickstarter. I have cleaned them up and primed them and hopefully they will see some paint before the end of January. Rubicon Armor kits keep distracting me from painting minis it seems. 

I cleaned these up and overall I'm pretty impressed. Of course there were a couple of figures with mold lines across their faces and in some really hard to reach spots as well. Some of the details are a bit soft but I think that's just related to the 3D sculpting and printing process rather than a mold flaw. They looked considerably better after I primed them with the gray primer (Badger Stynylrez).

Nothing identifies these minis as specific characters but if I had to put some names to faces I would go with: Rooster Cogburn (the John Wayne version), Maverick, Shane, Marshal Dillon (Gunsmoke), the Rifleman and maybe William Munny.


Left to right: Rooster Cogburn (True Grit, John Wayne), Shane (Shane, Alan Ladd) William Munny (Unforgiven, Clint Eastwood), Maverick (Maverick TV Series, James Garner), Marshal Dillon (Gunsmoke TV Series, James Arness), Lucas McCain (The Rifleman TV Series, Chuck Connors). Identification is just idle speculation on my part.



No comments:

Post a Comment