Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Painting the Trenchworx WWI Rolls-Royce Armored Car - Disaster


It was not a good night for the Rolls. I finished dusting the model and started in applying the mud. I thought I knew what I was doing but the result was awful with no way to simply removed it from the model. Rather than dwell on it I just starting stripping it back to the resin. Quite painful since this is a competition pieces with the competition closing in fast. On the other hand it will let me go back and redo some things I wasn't happy with. I also figure that since I have done all the steps before that I can get it back to a finished state much faster. I don't need to do any experimenting on the palette or a piece of paper to get it right.

Mine does not look like this one, especially after I started to strip paint off of it.
This one is from the Trenchworx website. This is what I need to get back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment