Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, April 10, 2015

Painting the Trenchworx WWI Rolls-Royce Armored Car - Finishing Up

After spending a lot of time up close and personal with the Rolls today I'm going to call it done. I worked in more dust and mud effects and painted a couple of the elements that I have been ignoring to this point. Mainly the headlights, which I think are glowing quite nicely, and the machine gun in the turret. I had to re-establish a couple of my panel lines as well. Overall I'm quite please with the vehicle so it was time to work on the display base. I'm keeping the base quite simple as I don't want it to pull attention away from the model. I finished off the basic ground work and it just needs some grass to finish it off. Based on how the base looks like when its finished I may tweak the Rolls a bit.

So heading to the finished line on this one.

Working in a few more layers of mud and streaking both it and the dust down the sides. Concentrating mostly in the wheel wells at this point.


The Rolls gets some wheels! I'm calling this Bulletproof Ghost finished.




Working on the display base. The perspective is making the Rolls look really small on the base.


No comments:

Post a Comment