Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

World War II Project - More British Airborne Arrive

The pre-order bundle
I'm not quite sure why I did this as I pretty much have everything I need to finish off my platoon of British Paras but apparently I pre-ordered the new plastic box which came along with the Horsa Glider kit from Sarissa Precision. Oddly enough it also came along with Lt Speirs from Band of Brothers, I'm pretty certain he is an American paratrooper but I'm sure he will be a nice add to the box of American Paratroopers that I have sitting on the shelf.

I have only had a chance to take a quick look at this bunch. The Sarissa kit looks like its up to their excellent standards and is constructed from both laser cut card and MDF. Should be pretty sturdy when its built up. I have seen some less than flattering comments about the kit on LAF but for gaming purposes I think its going to be just great. I don't need a perfect scale model for the gaming table and I applaud those that are willing to scratch build that perfect scale model.

I have already seen some built and painted versions of the plastic Red Devils and this box looks like its going to be a winner. Warlord seems to be applying lessons learned to just about every kit like this that they decide to produce.




The sheet with the list of what is what on the sprue. I see sten guns, rifles, mills bombs, scoped rifle, hand grenades, piat, piat ammunition case, Bren gun pretty much everything you need except for the small mortar. And there are 18 heads available so there will be plenty of variety on the five miniatures that come on each sprue.


There is a lot of stuff packed on these sprues. Five sprues in the box enough for the listed 30 miniatures which will leave you a bit short of a full platoon with command I think.

The somewhat random selection of an American Paratrooper Officer
Now the big kit from Sarissa

Nice instructions with this one, hopefully they will make sense!


Plenty of MDF and cardboard in the kit. Should be fun to put together, hopefully it will be sturdy as well.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, seing the instructions brings me back memories of the balsa planes I tried to build when I was thirteen or fourteen. The fuselages came out seriously skewed and we don't talk about the wings. No, we don't mention them at all.

    It will be interesting to see how you tackle it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to this particular build. Maybe a few more buildings before I tackle this one!

      Delete
  2. Of course now that you got the Paras, Warlord is having its sprue sale... perfect time for you to top up with a few more figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the sprue sale. I think I'm okay, I already have enough metal for a full platoon anyway. This box can go towards making up the support choices and filling up those odd bits in CoC!

      Delete