Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

WWII Project - Another Sherman Part III

I continued on with the Rubicon M4A3 76. I basically built the rest of the tank in less than an hour. The hull detail is nice and crisp and the VVSS suspension is nicely done and integral with the tracks. The complaint I have here is that on the front of the tracks you can see the metal grousers, but they were not molded on the rear portion of the track. Not quite sure what I want to do about that. Most gamers wouldn't notice it but from a modeling standpoint it really stands out like a sore thumb.

I finished the hull and track assembly but didn't glue them to each other. I learned my lesson (again) on while painting the Trenchworx M4A1, painting the tracks while its mounted to the hull is not easy. I know this before I did it but I did it anyway. So I will keep the M4A3 tracks off till everything has been painted.


The lower hull, a considerable improvement in design from the lower hull of the PzKfw IVH's hull.

Upper hull, the molded detail is excellent, the headlights could be sharper and maybe a bit more delicate.

The tracks with the VVSS suspension, fully detailed on both sides!


The upper and lower hull have been glued together the tracks are just tacked in place for the moment.


My new favorite clipper. Much easier to maneuver around the sprues than the Army Painter of GW clippers. These are designed to clip delicate parts without breaking them. I first saw these on a model railroad site for $40 bucks, they were considerably cheaper from micro mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment