Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Acquisitions - Expanding the PzKfw III Library, Military Modelling Book

I have acquired another book for the PzKfw III Library titled "Military Modelling Book Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf. J-N. Its published (I think) by Shinkigensha Co Ltd. Printed in 2011 it apparently is long since out of print as I found numerous copies being sold for $85 plus. I found this one for $35 plus shipping. I think that is close to the original publication price but in any event it was a price I was willing to pay. There is a second book (well actually the first book) for the Ausf. A-H. This is a pure modelling book and features builds of various kits that were available in 2011. It has great pictures of the models from a wide variety of angles and close ups but all of the captions are in Japanese. While I can glean quite a bit from the pictures of what is being done it would be nice to be able to read the captions. In the back is a short section with a lot of close ups of actually Pz IIIs although I probably have most of that in other books already. There are some nice line drawings in the back as well, those are quite nice but again I have access to a lot of line drawings at this point! From a modelling standpoint is a pretty good book and one I'm likely to actually use. Being written completely in Japanese certainly limits its usefulness to me. I would like to acquire the first book at some point but only at a reasonable price, something significantly less than $85.

It is a large format book with a fairly stiff cover and it actually has a dust jacket as well. The little purple/pink band at the bottom is an advertising slip that can be removed. Again marvelous pictures but not particularly useful beyond a modelling reference and limited due to language.




No comments:

Post a Comment