Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

World War II Project - Jagdpanther Mods - Brackets and Tow Cables

It was a good weekend, along with finishing off the STuG modifications I was also able to finish off the Jagdpanther mods. I was originally trying to cut the brackets from little square pieces of styrene sheet. This was not going well. I then ran across some styrene angle stock and cut the rest of the brackets from that. They aren't as consistent looking as I would like but I figure with a little paint folks aren't likely to notice. The tow cables are made from the cable ends provided in the get and some black thread. I have no idea where the black thread came from but its braided and is just about the perfect diameter.

It was certainly a struggle to get everything to fit nicely and the cable to bend a bit but I sure like how it looks on the Jagdpanthers. I'll definitely keep using this thread for cables (I used it on the M32B1 as well) and looking at the spool I probably have a lifetime supply.

Tow cables ready to go

The brackets after I starting cutting them from the angle stock I found. It was hard to control the width go freehand with an xacto knife. Of course afterwards I remembered that I do have a chopper that would have made it much easier. After I cut them from the styrene stock I trimmed the ends with my good clippers to the right size.

The G2 ready for brackets

Looks pretty good. Note that the I ended up replacing the bracket on the lower left side with styrene rod and moved it over to the right a bit more. It was to close to the spare tracks and I noticed in a couple of pictures that this appeared to be a post rather than a bracket. A lot of variety is apparent when you go through pictures of the 654th .

Brackets on the other side

Three Jagdpanthers ready for tow cables

A little straighter than I wanted on my first attempt.

This might be to much on the other side.

Tow cables complete


Ready for the airbrush booth.



No comments:

Post a Comment