Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, June 3, 2022

Greenhouse Progress

While we wait for the electrician to get the shop wired up I managed to make a little progress on the greenhouse. Three walls are now insulated and sealed up and both baseboard vents are installed. I also managed to get the insulation in place on the remaining wall, I just need to put the plywood up on that now.

I saved the easiest wall for last. The opposite wall is the one with all the windows that took me days to finish.

This should make it, mostly, workable at this point. What remains is a fan in the east side gable to pull air through (apparently that will help the plants) and keep it from becoming stuffy. That will require power and the greenhouse is just to far away from the main panel (which doesn't have any room left on it anyway) to put in a power line. So this building will go solar, I just need enough power to run the fan, possibly a small heater (when or even if needed) and charge batteries for the various battery powered lawn tools. The solar kit I was looking at initially is 400 watts not sure I need that much. The most expensive part of that system is the battery storage that will costs more than the whole solar kit!

Excited about getting to the work on the shop, a lot of work in front of us there as well. I'm opting to go with the Omniwall system to create tool stations for the lathes in particular. So much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment