Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

A Brick Building from the ground up - Part 4

I think I have completed all the major brickwork at this stage. There are a couple of cap strips that I need to add, but I haven't quite figure out where they actually go. The only thing I'm unhappy with at this point is the corners. I tried to hide the edges when viewed directly from the front and back but, at the moment, I find them quite visible. I'll have to go in with some paint and at least cover up the dark laser edge which should help disguise it to a certain degree. Overall, I'm please with how things are looking at this point. I'm trying to decide if I want to try and light this one and how to go about doing it. I would definitely need to add some interior partitions and floors.

I found building up the cornice a bit tedious, but Titebond sets pretty quick, but you have to get it right the first time!

Gluing on the edge and center pilasters



Two parts of the cornice are in place. The first layer that goes between the edge pilasters and the layer that goes on above it.



Gluing on the third piece, which extends to the top edge. I have a fourth, very narrow, piece but I'm not quite sure how it fits in. 


Here’s the building as it exists now. Even if I don't add lighting I'm going to have to do something to the interior to block the view a bit through the windows.









No comments:

Post a Comment