Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, November 5, 2018

Acquisitions - Expanding the PzKfw III Library, Tank Power Volumes

I managed to get in another trip to Aberdeen bookstore because we were out getting bottling supplies for the cider brewing up in the kitchen. I found another series of books on the PzKfw III while I was there and just like that the library had increased by another four books. These are published by Wydawnicwo Militaria out of Poland as part of their Tank Power series.
These are quite nice books, with a large number of color plates, scale drawings, and tons of pictures. However, don't let that English Text banner of the front fool you. All of the major text is in Polish, the only English text is in the picture captions. That works fine with me, I have enough other books that I doubt I'm actually missing any vital information.

There are four books in this bunch; Volume CV (#353) covering the A-D models, Volume CXXI (#375) covering the E-H Models, Volume XCCCVIII (#396) covering just the J model (this is by far my favorite model) and Volume CLXVII (#426) covering the L-N models. I think these are a great addition to the library, while most of the information is redundant, the pictures and plates are very worthwhile. My biggest beef is that Aberdeen used damn near un-removable price stickers right on the covers which I'm reluctant to try and remove.










No comments:

Post a Comment