Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Sledgehammer Project; Preparation Pt VIII - Even More Materials

Everything is arriving piecemeal, which means its difficult to really build up steam on the project. I really prefer to get everything I need from one supplier but that has been difficult in this case. I did receive a small packet of parts from Wiseman Model Services with some of the key pieces though.
Some more NBW castings, this time in brass, along with two different types of brake cylinders and a couple of Johnson Bars.

I think I have enough parts that I can actually begin real construction. I have figured out that there are a number of components that I'm just going to have to scratch build. Fortunately most of those will be "one offs" and no more than two for things like platforms. I just need to start amassing actually useful photos, like the one I found on eBay a couple of weeks ago.


Model Railroad parts are definitely reducing the number of items that I will need to build up from scratch!

Similar to the Tichy Group NBWs but this time in cast in brass instead of plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment