Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, November 26, 2018

Sledgehammer Project; Preparation Pt XII - Gaso.Line Renault UE

I did manage to find a 1/48th scale Chenillette Renault UE from Gaso.Line. It arrived during the holidays so I have only been able to take a cursory glance at it. This is another resin version of the vehicle and I'm a bit surprised at the sheer number of parts in the bag. At this point I'm just hoping that nothing is actually broken. I grabbed the 1/56th scale version from MadBob's just for a quick size comparison. The Gaso.Line kit one is certainly bigger (as expected) and has some very nice, and much finer, detail. It may well prove to still be to small.

I have already begun a search for a 1/35th scale version and there seems to be some good chooses including one from Tamiya. My other option is going with a 1/56th scale version of the WWI French Schneider CA1. It has a suitable boxy look with some 40Kish elements on it. I'll get this Gaso.Line kit cleaned up and assembled and decide after that, at least that is the plan right now.

Another small box had me concerned right from the start.

Then a zip locked bag full of resin parts. Certainly more than I was expecting.

The instruction sheet, at least its printed front and back with some English text.

MadBob's on the left, Gaso.Line on the right. Frighteningly similar in size although the Gaso.Line kit is obviously bigger.

The Gaso.Line trailer is both bigger (as expected) and much better detailed. Can't hold that against MadBob though. His stuff is meant specifically for gaming while Gaso.Line are models meant for display.

No comments:

Post a Comment