Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Sledgehammer Project; Pt XXV - Taurox Build

I was able to get some more build time in on the Taurox and the basic build is complete at this point. There are a number of pieces that I will attach after some initial paintwork is completed like the roof over the cab and the rear armor plate with the round door. I probably should have left the suspension off as well and painted that separately, another live and learn moment.


The Bison suspension parts from Blood & Skulls (Machinator248 on ebay)

Completed Taurox subsections, these will remain unattached until after some initial paint work is completed.

Putting the Bison halftracks together.


On the Taurox suspension the angle bracket on the edge needs to be removed

And now just to file it smooth

I may have the resin bar from the Bison parts upside down, but I'm not going to sweat it.


The same plastic surgery needs to take place for the front.


Then just attach the whole sub-assembly to the Taurox chassis.


Ready to roll. The only thing that irritates me about this vehicle is its to short. If the back end was another inch longer the proportions would look better. I'm not going to go to that much work though for what will be a secondary point of interest on the diorama.


The detail on the inside is going to be hard to reach if I glue the cab top and the rear hull plate on.

I'm leaving off the top armor plate for the back for that "topless" halftrack look.


2 comments:

  1. Huge improvement on the original! are you going to have a rolled up tarp for the open section?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be leave it open for the diorama but I think a tarp rolled up and stored along the back edge of the cab would look pretty cool. Or partially covering the back half, that might be hard to pull off.

      Delete