Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Sledgehammer Project; Pt XXVI - Taurox - Painting with Primer

As I mentioned I need to do some paintwork on the Taurox before I can finish the assembly. This will consist to two distinct pages. I'll start with the primer, and see if I can work in some modulation, and add the basic camouflage to the exterior and get the interior ready for more detailed paint work.


Ready to go in the airbrush booth.



Failure to take some pictures. I have already used, Stynylrez Black, Stynylrez Grey, Stynylrez White and Vallejo Desert Tan.
I started with black, shooting (primarily) upwards from underneath. Followed that with grey, basically, perpendicular to the hull. I also used black on the interior but not the grey. The interior was shot with Desert Tan over the Black primer. White was sprayed downwards from above over the entire vehicle including the interior.





The basic coat for the camoflauge was Stynylrez Ebony flesh. While not completely visible in the pictures the inside of the rear door and the inside of the turret hatch also received this color.






After the base color was on I finished off the camo with Stynylrez olive green.




At this point I'm calling the initial priming work done. The rest will need to be done with a brush. I'll finish the interior first, attach the various other sub-assemblies and then finish off the exterior. I'll follow all of that up with weathering. I'll need to push forward on the Sledgehammer build so I can get the base coats on it as well and move forward with the two elements together to make sure they match.

I only used primer colors today, although I see I left the Stynylrez Grey out of the picture. I like the Stynylrez primers much better than the Vallejo primer at this point. They are much easier to use and don't seem to separate as much.



No comments:

Post a Comment