Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, April 27, 2020

World War II Project - Return to Normandy - Decals

A quick update from the weekend. I sealed the vehicles with Vallejo Gloss Varnish and added the decals for the 21st Panzer. Of course when I went looking for the markings that I had seen online on couldn't find them, so I relied on my poor memory to get me through it. These vehicles didn't seem to have a lot of markings on them so I took a minimalist approach.

Just need to seal the decals and I can start the weathering.

The trio of 15cm sFH Lorraine Schleppers. Interestingly enough the 21st Panzer used this same vehicle in North Africa.

I felt the need to put numbers on something so I opted for a rear hull spot. Not common but not completely unusual either.

The one thing these models are missing is the spade in the back that would be lowered to the ground when the unit was in a firing position, I assume, to keep the vehicle from rolling to far back. It is a little small to handle the 105mm Howitzer.


The last of the S307(f)s. I got the camouflage pretty close but after the weathering its likely to stand out a bit from its brethren. Such is life.

Just crosses, division emblem and the license plate on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment