Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Kickstarter Rewards: Cats of Crumptown

I received my kickstarter rewards from Northumbrian Tin Soldier over the weekend. My wife liked this one and she is rarely interested in miniatures so I decided to jump in on it. It arrived safe and sound from the UK on Monday and I am very pleased with the contents on this one.

The box with the characters is heavy weight with a sleeve cover so it will serve as a case. Inside the box are the 12 character cats plus the kickstarter extra Luna, a kitten in a dinosaur costume. All nicely done and should be a lot of fun to paint. I really like the Kittenguard, 12 different guards in two blisters, as well maybe even more than the character box. The Cawlock and Crows I'm not to fond of but will probably offer a bit of a challenge to paint. The lamplighter and Gnomes back could be a lot of fun. The resin pieces are also nicely done although I probably won't have a use for those.

The castings are nice and clean so prep should be minimal. Round plastic slotta bases are provided. I'm not sure that there are enough but finding more bases shouldn't be a problem. I would love to dive into these right now, but I want to stay focused on Normandy for the moment, so these will go back in the box and hopefully will see that light of day in the near future as opposed to the far future.

This is basically the all in option with no add-ons. There were some add-ons that I was interested in but not interested enough to put down the extra money.


I do like the packaging a lot. This is a heavy duty cardboard box and the main cover is a sleeve just slides over to hold the whole thing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment