Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, July 17, 2020

World War II Project - Return to Normandy - The Gangs all Here - Streaking II

I gave the streaking effects another shot. I used the oilbrushers and the enamel wash again, but I have decided that I'm not going to bother with the enamel wash, it doesn't cure fast enough for me and I tend to wash it completely away when I pull the streak down. Along with a regular chip brush I also pulled out a make-up sponge to try. I like the make up sponge quite a bit for streaking. I think this maybe my go to method for streaking at this point. We will see though. 

I think the streaks are more evident this time and didn't become a "filter" like the first attempt. Still need to practice with this effect but its looking better.


Not perfect by any means but better the second time around.



I think the S307 maybe the best of the lot.



Possibly my new favorite "brush" a make-up sponge. And no I didn't steal this one from my wife. I actually bought a whole package of these things about a year ago. I think that some of the sponge tips that I use with the pan pastels may work really well for this too.

And the a paints; Oilbrushers; grime, rust and dark earth. The jar is streaking grime (a bit on the brown side).

No comments:

Post a Comment