Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, August 3, 2020

World War II Project - Return to Normandy - Railroad Station - Arches

I sat down and did one, yes one, window arch. It takes longer than I would like it to but not as long as I had feared, maybe 15 minutes all told and it will likely go faster now that I'm not experimenting. This is one of those spots where the laser cutting really helps out. I just need to cut some of the brick to the proper length, cut it to the proper taper using the cut as a guide and I'm good to go. 

Starting off. I actually worked three bricks at once. One on the left, one on the center and one on the right. The key is to make sure the glue is good and dry before you try and cut the taper in the brick otherwise its going to slide on you and make a mess. Lesson learned (maybe).

And the finished arch, looks pretty good and all the marks will get cover with the "plaster". One arch down, nine to go. Oh and two of this decorative circular windows, that should be a load of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment