Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

World War II Project - Unboxing - Rubicon M4A3E2 "Jumbo"

I have tried to be good and concentrate specifically on the German forces I need for the Too Fat Lardies Von Luck pint sized campaign. For the most part I thing I have done okay, as the German AFVs for this campaign are nearing completion now. But there are still a lot of German vehicles waiting in line (I discovered a Warlords Game Tiger I in the cabinet yesterday). Not to mention moving towards finishing all the German Infantry and British Paras that I need for Von Luck. However, I have always had a fascination for the "Jumbo" Sherman (M4A3E2). I needed to fill out an order to Rubicon to get free shipping so I slipped this resin conversion kit in along with the M4A3 kit (which is required).

I have already built and M4A3 from Rubicon and it is a marvelous kit so I know what to expect from that. What came in the small box was a bit unexpected though. Traditionally conversion kits usually just provide the parts and you provide the knowledge to get it right during the build. Not the case with this conversion kit. First thing out of the box was an instruction manual covering the areas where the conversion parts come into play so I'll mark the instructions for the base M4A3 kit so I know when to move over to a section where the resin parts come into play. The resin parts are amazing, I'm not sure they will need any clean up at this point. The turret sides may actually be to clean and may need to be roughened up a bit to better represent the rougher surface of the cast turret (if I go that far with it). Right now I have no qualms about the parts fitting well with the plastic kit. I need to do a little research on this one. I'm fairly certain that the parts are for the production version that came from the US factories and not the "Panther" conversions that were done in the field.

Although I'm in the middle of all those German kits, I may need a break from those to build up this little gem.

A few pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment