Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Sledgehammer BFG - Back to the bench

This bad boy has been sitting for at least 18 months on the back burner. Since it looks like ReaperCon 2021 might really happen I figured I better pull it out and get started so it has a chance of being ready for Labor Day weekend (Sep 2-5).

While I was fairly happy with the initial airbrush work at the time I am decidedly unhappy with it now. So back to the airbrush for some camo work. I essentially change the color of green I used and widen all the green and brown stripes so the dark yellow wasn't so glaring. I also cleaned up all the bad spots from the previous airbrush work. Which goes back to do it right the first time and you won't have to come back to it.

After looking at the pictures I realized that the crane is missing. I need to find out it and do a little work on that as well especially since I switched out the green!

The camo that was completed 18 months ago (or there about). The bright light over the airbrush booth tends to wash the colors out a bit.
.

A new shade of green


Widening the brown stripes


At the end of the airbrush session. Note the missing crane which seems to have wandered off on its own.


This session's colors. I may need to put in a paint order soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment