Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, October 8, 2021

Its that time of year! 2021 Christmas Card

This will be the fourth year that my wife and I will be designing and printing our own Christmas cards. Its definitely something that we look forward to doing each year despite the amount of time it takes. We are not going to tackle a multi color, multi plate card this year! While last year's card turn out pretty good, in the end it was a little nerve wracking and took even more time to finish.

We are going to go back to a single color block this year and I have finished a couple of sketches for the design. Take a look let me know what you think of the two concepts and if you are from Colorado do you recognize the peak.


Quick sketches from this morning. Just have to pick one and then I can refine it for printing. Both of these have far to many very fine lines for printing purposes. 


3 comments:

  1. Exciting!

    I like the right most one a bit more, the mountains and star are a bit clearer. However the tiny house has a symbolic effect of reducing our own importance, that seems topical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end my wife decided that the one on the right was the way to go. I guess clarity wins out sometimes and she liked the star better as well. Carving has begun!

      Delete