Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Something Else Finished - A record month so far

Yes, the tea rack is finished and currently holding jars and cans of loose leaf tea. I'm pretty pleased with it, there are a few mistakes and some things that could have done better but it still looks pretty good.

For the final finish I sanded the components before I assembled them, much easier to do that way, working up from 120 Grit to 400 Grit sand paper. Very much worth the effort and its not a huge item so it wasn't terribly time consuming to do. I then followed it up with two coats of Danish Oil, Dark Walnut which really brought out the beauty of the Tzalam wood that I used for it.

I'll probably build another one to fix the mistakes but there is no rush to do that, its getting the job done and most people aren't going to notice the mistakes.



She likes her loose leaf tea, the tea bags are for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment