Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Another Kickstarter on the List - Basius 2

I try not to get involved into to many Kickstarters, but good ones keep popping up. This one really has peaked my interest, mostly because of all the bases I need for my WWI Marines and the Amazons that will becoming from Crocodile Games sometimes soon. Now this is their second kickstarter for this product and I passed the first time, the shipping put it out of reach last time and I have regretted having to pass on it. This version is considerably improved so its high on my list of ones I want to jump in on.

Essentially these allow you to apply green stuff or milliput or a similar substance to a base and then press it into the "plate" and instantly create base texture. The "plates" are big so you could get a lot of original bases for a unit that are still similar enough to keep the unit looking like a unit.

I haven't committed yet but I think this one is worth looking at: Basius 2


This plate is double sided and measures 7"x7" with 6"x6" of usable surface area.

9 comments:

  1. You have me seriously considering this. Dog gone it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You're right about that! A lot of companies doing their 2nd & 3rd Kickstarters and really understanding what they can do.

      Delete
  3. I've just about got Allison talked into buying a couple of these pads. Woot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work! Is she painting again or would these be for your armies?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. She's occasionally painting again. Just when she's got a new roleplaying character she wants a miniature for. I wish she would paint more. Quilting has taken most of her time for the last year or so. With the benefit of having some sweet quilts around the house now. :)

    I've been down and out for a nearly a week now, with a broken and abscessed tooth. Some serious suckage. I've been holding off my own painting to get some of these tiles. Can't wait for them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilting takes up a bunch of time that's for sure. My mom certainly cranks them out.
      Abscessed and broken, that has to be some serious pain! I figured out that I would more than break even just using them to finish off my Marines.

      Delete