I decided that I would at least make some rafters and see if that would help the though process. I made these while watching Zulu (again!). Then I decided I could, at least, cut the interior walls for the two many rooms and see how that might fit together. Once I had the walls cut and kind of stacked everything together ideas finally started coming. I think that to add strength I'm going to only have half the roof come off. So I think I'm going to take the rafters and cut them roughly in half and permanently glue the bottom half to the interior walls and bottom edge of the floor. So far the clearances seem to indicate that it will work. There will probably only be a couple of the complete rafters included as fingers and minis need to be able to fit inside the building. Hopefully, this will get the process jump started again and I can get this building finished and off the workbench.
I have a couple of pictures from last night and since pictures are like bacon I figured I would include them.
|The dilemma; There are no side walls, only roofs.|
|Well I need some rafters, here's one way to make sure the angles are good and add a bit of trim to the gable which helps finish it off.|
|Let's reinforce it so I can mess around with it a bit|
|I'm thinking so I think I make some more. They should be useful for something.|
|Well, I know I need some short interior walls.|
|And finally at work today, I may have figured it out. All except how to actually make that complex part where the two roofs come together.|