Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Trenchworx - WWI French FT-17 - Pt 3

Three straight evenings with the FT-17s. Tonight I went in and added the black borders between the camo colors. I think it went well, I tried to keep a loose hand on the brush and not be particularly picky about the control. I think I achieved a nice jagged, and inconsistent look. Very pleased with it. I then painted the tracks with a darker older looking rust color as a base color I hit the muffler with it too. I like the color so far I think its going to be a nice base for the upcoming rust work. I then went in with a gloss coat. I need to dig through and find some decals to use, nothing to fancy though.

I need to let the gloss coat dry overnight and I'll continue on with the first steps in the weathering process. Well after I get the decals on or maybe not, there are plenty of examples of WWI tanks without any kind of markings.


All the basic paint is in place now.






Bright and shiny now!




A big bonus for today, not one but two packages in the mail. The first was a bag of doors and windows from the Tichy Train Group in S Scale. Looking forward to dressing up Calamity with these! The second package was from Noble Knight Games and it contained the Weird War II US Battlesuit from West Wind that I ordered. I hoped to get this one done in time for spot in the Weird War II painting group on Lead Adventure. A quick look at this casting shows that I definitely have my work cut out for me though. Its going to take some serious file work.


3 comments:

  1. I think they are looking pretty sharp! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the FT, I just did mine in single green, but the camo really is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy with how they are turning out. I decided not to even worry about adding any kind of markings. Those were pretty hit or miss anyway from the sounds of it. Time for some weathering!

      Delete