I kept the paint job pretty basic but tried to make it look like its seen some action, so a bit of rust and a layer of dust was applied. I used the same basing style that I used for my Red Devils. Mostly because everything was handy to do that. It doesn't look as nice as it does on my paratroopers though, not sure exactly why. Still it gets the job done and I probably spent more time waiting for things to dry than I actually did painting it.
I couldn't post in my blog till I published the photo in LAF. I have been working on the battlesuit in between working on the FT-17s.
|This time I remember to apply the basing goop before I got into the whole process.|
|Vallejo US Dark Green applied with the airbrush|
|Not a lot of extra colors needed for this one.|
|An out of focus shot of course this is the one that I applied my rust effects with.|
|Its shiny in this photo because I used pigment fixer on my dusty pigment colors I applied|
|And the finished product. Still looks a bit shiny, I'll have to give it another coat of Matt Varnish.|