Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, June 4, 2020

World War II Project - Return to Normandy - Mid-Terrace House - Construction Begins

With the Left End Terrace House complete, more or less, I'm moving on to Sally 4th's Mid-Terrace House. Pictures may be very similar but I'm trying to improve my construction methods so it can go together a little faster and try and give a better idea of how I'm bringing things together. One thing I did discover right off is that the instructions for the left end terrace house and the mid-terrace house are identical right down to the pictures. This would certainly explain some of my moments of confusion during the build of the left hand house.

This time I was able to fully identify all the components that need to have the "bumpy" paper glued to them so I started there. While that glue sets up I'll pull off all the pieces that need the wood siding and work on those. After this stage is complete I'll go ahead and airbrush all the interiors like I did on the end house. I might go ahead and take the interiors all the way up to an ivory color. Will see how much time I can squirrel away to paint.


All the parts that need, at least some, "stonework". The fireplaces and the chimney I pre-assemble to avoid as many exposed edges as possible.

I started by gluing the "bumpy" paper to the front of the fireplaces. I had already measured and scored the corners so I can fold the edges and glue them to the sides when the glue has fully set.

Same process for the building ends.

Here you can see the buildings ends finished (they don't have any windows so they really are finished) and the "bumpy" paper being glued to the front and back walls. You can just see the fully wrapped fireplaces in the upper right of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment