Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, June 8, 2020

World War II Project - Return to Normandy - Mid-Terrace House - Sub-Assemblies

My approach to this second building from Sally 4th is going to be a quite a bit different. My intent is to build and paint all the sub-assemblies before I assemble the whole building. I want to build as many things "flat" as I can, especially the walls. I think that will make things a bit easier to put together than with the first building.


Here is everything that had the "bumpy" paper applied. Note that I apply this as a single sheet and cut out the window and door openings after the glue has set.

The stairs are just a pain. They come in pairs, be sure to build one for the right side and one for the left.

Applying weights to the stairs while the glue sets

And here we go, one left, one right.


And then I spackled them to hide all the joints

All the sub-assemblies ready for paint (well most of them anyway).

First coat of ebony applied to the interior side

And finished with white, in between is a layer of "neutral"

Ready to assembly into bigger sub-assemblies!

No comments:

Post a Comment