Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, June 12, 2020

World War II Project - Return to Normandy - The Gangs all here

There has been a lot of building and not much painting for a while now. Here is the line up for the paint shop


15cm sFH 135/1 (Sf) auf Geschutzwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f), Pak 40 auf S307 (f) both from MadBob Miniatures

Pak 40 auf S307 (f), Unic P107 Halftrack (f) [Warlord Games]

First up; a filter to help bring the colors together a bit more.

Filter applied and lining started on one of the schleppers. The filter affect is hard to see in the photos, it is subtle but the colors are a bit more unified because of it. The lining on the first schlepper may be to dark a brown might have been a better choice. Further weathering may tone it down quite a bit. I'm going to try a different wash for lining on the next one, more of an umber brown I think.




2 comments:

  1. These are looking great. Are you going to do weathering in batches of three/four like this, or will you be doing all of them one step at a time?

    As an aside, I recently got caught up with your blog after a break in reading... you have put out a bunch of content, which I really appreciated, particularly as I am scratch building some Normandy buildings right now! Yours are of course much better, and bigger at 28mm scale instead of 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I'll try and do. This time I will work all seven since I'm trying a couple of new techniques, for me anyway, having a bunch of vehicles available to work with gives lots of opportunities to improve quickly. I have four Stug IIIs ready to hit for detail painting as well and I want those to really standout.

      The Normandy buildings have certainly been a learning experience for me. I like the Sally 4th buildings and each time I apply paper to a building I get better at it.

      I do waiver between 28mm and 15mm though. I have a ton of 15mm WWII from my FOW days that could be repurposed. Although I prefer something like Command Decision rather than Chain of Command. The larger scale game really benefits from the smaller scale miniatures and you don't get that "tank park" look like you do in FOW.

      Delete