Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, February 26, 2021

World War II Project - Rubicon Models PzKfw III H - Common Steps

Since this build is for the PzKfw H 2 variant (essentially the late model H) I started off with Section 2 of the instructions. I managed to get the basic build complete for the turret, lower chassis and the upper chassis. The lower hull is still clamped together so I wasn't able to glue the rest of the components in place and I didn't have time to start the tracks and roadwheel assemblies.

I used some of the  drilled out holes is on the lower chassis. I discovered that the holes were a tad to small for the antenna trough and the shovel (these were drilled out with the  #59 drill bit) so I widened them slightly with a #58 drill bit. That resulted in a really tight fit so the #58 drill bit might be a better place to start, except on the other side where a small box is glued in place the #59 holes were actually a little large so the fit was looser than I had hoped.

This is what the build looks like so far:

I still need to finish step 2a, 2e and 2f

I am a firm believer in clamps and and I wanted to be sure there won't be any gaps after the glue has set.

The turret assembly is straight forward and goes together quite easily.

The upper chassis. Again there is a lot of area for the glue to cover with the side panels. So more clamps to make sure there aren't any gaps.

The lower chassis. The antenna trough and the shovel are on the upper right, those holes were widened with the #58 bit. The little box in the center of the bottom was a little loose with the original holes made with the #59 bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment