Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Christmas Card 2021 - Blank is Carved

I have been slowly "whittling" away at the design over that past few weeks. I tried something new and did the initial transfer from original to blank with the laser engraver. I scanned my drawing brought it into a photo editor, flipped the image and then sent it to the laser engraver.

It took forever but it worked like a charm. The biggest drawback was the fine layer of black ash embedded into every line that the laser cut. Was kind of messy when I was carving everything out deep enough to print with. I'm ready to do a test print as soon as I have enough time to get messy with the inks!

This is a 5"x7" blank


No comments:

Post a Comment