Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, August 14, 2023

World War II Project - 28mm Village Church - Sarissa Precision - The Steeple Part 3

Moving forward with the steeple. I finished painting all of the edging stone and started to glue that into place inside the upper section of the steeple. I also added the decorative arch on the inside and another matching arch on the inside. I simply used the laser cut arch as a template for the interior arch and left off the centerline detail that appears on the exterior version.

I like to include the details but I'm trying to not go crazy with it. I used the cardboard from some milk bone boxes which is a pretty close march to the thickness of the laser cut cardstock. I also trimmed up the shingles on the two of the sides of the steeple roof and started to add shingles to the remaining two sides.

The first two sides trimmed. I didn't wait long enough and managed to tear the cardboard on one side.

Here you can see the exterior and interior arch trim. I'll need to go in and clean the inside of the arch  before I start painting.

While you can't see them I'm gluing in the edge stones in the corners. Lots of little clamps to help everything stay in place. So many clamps that I can only do two opposite corners at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment